About the PMHC-MDS
Funding by the Australian Government Department of Health has been provided to Primary Health Networks (PHNs) through a Primary Mental Health Care flexible funding pool to support commissioning of mental health and suicide prevention services in six key service delivery areas:
- low intensity psychological interventions for people with, or at risk of, mild mental illness;
- psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals to under serviced groups;
- early intervention services for children and young people with, or at risk of mental illness;
- services for people with severe and complex mental illness who are being managed in a primary care setting;
- enhanced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health services; and
- a regional approach to suicide prevention activities with a focus on improved follow-up for people who have attempted suicide or are at high risk of suicide.
The Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC MDS) will provide the basis for PHNs and the Department of Health to monitor and report on the quantity and quality of service delivery, and to inform future improvements in the planning and funding of primary mental health care services funded by the Australian Government.
The data reported by PHNs through the PMHC MDS will form the basis for production of key performance indicators used to monitor services delivered across the 31 PHN regions covered by PHNs.
Strategic Data Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department of Health to manage the PMHC MDS on its behalf.
A specification of the data items to be collected in the PMHC MDS is available.
If you would like to be notified about updates to this specification or announcements about the rollout of the PMHC MDS please subscribe to the PMHC MDS mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “subscribe email@example.com”. This is not a general discussion list. Only moderated users can send messages to this list.
Information about how to get started on the PMHC MDS is available and will be regularly updated.
Update to the PMHC MDS - 12/9/2017
PMHC MDS Update v0.15.3
We are pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Update v0.15.3 was released on September 12, 2017.
The following updates and bugfixes have been implemented:
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Successfully saved to clipboard’ message was not being displayed in the SLK tab.
- Fixed an issue where, after editing an episode, you remained on the ‘Edit Details’ tab instead of being taken to the ‘View Details’ tab.
- Allowed the use of 9998 for a postcode for Face to Face sessions that are NOT No Show’s.
- Fixed an issue where the number of announcements on the homepage was not being limited.
- Fixed an issue where an error message was not being returned for certain invalid date of births on the Client Data Entry form.
- Fixed an issue where the ATAPS service contact type was being shown for new service contacts, not just service contacts migrated from ATAPS.
- Fixed an issue where some users were seeing organisations in the ‘Select Organisation’ drop down on the ‘System Reports’ tab for which they did not have the ‘Reporting’ role.
- Fixed an issue where the date of uploads was not being correctly displayed.
- Fixed an issue where an error was not being shown for an invalid Practitioner Year of Birth.
- Removed the ‘Show test uploads’ checkbox from the upload page as this functionality is now provided by filtering the upload table.
- A message is now displayed if you try to add a service contact to an organisation that does not have any Practitioners.
- A message is now displayed if you try to add a client or practitioner when a PHN has not defined any Provider Organisations.